what information we gather from you, how we use it and how you may control our use of your
personal information. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely,
in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This Website contains links to other websites.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Website and to read the privacy statements
of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy
statement applies solely to information collected by this Website.
2 Atmos Heating Systems is a division of TBS Building Supplies Ltd who is the sole owner of
the information collected on this Website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to
others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Atmos Heating Systems
collects information from our users at several different points on our Website.
Your privacy is of
the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any
outside company for mailing or marketing purposes without your express permission unless we
are legally entitled or required to do so, or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect
and/or defend our rights, property or personal safety and those of other users of this Website.
3 Information collected
We may collect the following data from you:
• 3.1 information that you provide to us when setting up or amending an account with us.
For example, your name, address, various delivery addresses, email address, contact
telephone numbers password, password question and answer, and card details which can
be used when you subsequently place an order;
• 3.2 information that you provide to us when placing an order online or by filling in any
online registration form which we may make available on our Website. For example,
your name, email address, payment address and card details which are essential for
processing an order;
• 3.3 information which you voluntarily disclose to us by email or other means;
• 3.4 information about your computer including, where available, your IP address,
operating system and browser type;
• 3.5 information about your internet usage obtained using a cookie file which is stored on
the hard drive of your computer.
4 Surveys and Contests
From time-to-time our Website requests information from its users via surveys or contests.
Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a
choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact
information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as post
code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey
information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this
5 Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• 5.1 internal analysis purposes within our group of companies;
• 5.2 to create and maintain your account with us;
• 5.3 to comply with our obligations following your order as set out in our terms and
conditions of sale;
• 5.4 to provide regular updates and newsletters in respect of our products and services;
• 5.5 to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for
you and for your computer;
• 5.6 to administer and otherwise perform our obligations in relation to the goods and/or
services which we have agreed to provide to you. For example, we may use an outside
carrier company to deliver orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for
goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally
identifiable information for any secondary purposes;
• 5.7 to provide you with information and services including any marketing that you have
requested from us and otherwise to respond to queries which you may submit;
• 5.8 to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website where you have
chosen to do so;
• 5.9 to notify you about changes to our Website;
• 5.10 to offer you products and services provided by us or any other company within the
same group of companies. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or
any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to
provide your personal information and/or user information, we are entitled to do so.
6 Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as your post code), or if a user no
longer desires our service, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove that
user’s personal data provided to us. This can easily be done by emailing Atmos Heating Systems
7 Third parties who may use the information
We may pass your data to third parties for the purposes of processing credit or debit card
payments and processing your orders.
8 Your consent
Users who no longer wish to receive regular information from Atmos Heating Systems may optout
of receiving these communications by emailing us at: email@example.com. Where you
withdraw your consent to use of your personal information we will stop such use as soon as
first email the Sales Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at:
Atmos Heating Systems